NCAA Brackets – interactive , PDF
chicago – The University of Chicago women’s tennis team will host the NCAA Division III Championship Regional this weekend, Thursday-Saturday, May 4-6.
A total of eight regional venues will host the first three rounds of the national tournament. The Maroons are the No. 1 seed in the bracket overall and have earned a bye into the first round. They will play the winner of Thursday’s matchup between Grinnell College (15-7) and Luther College (19-10).
Regional matches held at Stagg Tennis Courts will feature Carleton College (20-0) versus Concordia University of Wisconsin (16-6) and University of Wisconsin-Whitewater (14-5) versus University of Northwestern-St. Paul (19-8). The regional finals will be played on Saturday.
With a 19–0 season record, UChicago is currently ranked No. 1 in the most recent ITA national poll. The Maroons earned the conference’s automatic bid to the NCAA postseason after winning the University Athletic Association (UAA) championship for the second-straight year. This is UChicago’s 14th NCAA tournament appearance, with 10 quarterfinal appearances, five semifinal appearances and two runner-up finishes.
Thursday, May 4
- Match 1 @ 9:00 AM – University of Wisconsin-Whitewater vs. University of Northwestern-St. Paul
- Match 2 @ 12:00 PM – Carleton College vs Concordia University Wisconsin
- Match 3 @ 3:00 PM – Grinnell College vs Luther College
Friday, May 5
- Match 4 @ 10:00 AM – Winner of Match 1 vs Winner of Match 2
- Match 5 @ 2:00 PM – University of Chicago vs. Winner of Match 3
Saturday, May 6
- Match 6 @ 11:00 AM – Regional Final Match