Star Wars Jedi: Survivor’s boxed launch sales fall short of Fallen Order in the UK


Star Wars Jedi: Survivor was the best-selling retail game in the UK during the week of 23 April, and is the second biggest game launch of the year, behind only hogwarts legacy,

This news comes via GfK (via), who notes that the launch sales of Jedi: Survivor are down 35% compared to its predecessor, Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order. However, it’s important to note that this is only for boxed copies in the UK.

Now playing: Star Wars Jedi: Survivor Review – Fear Itself

Another factor is that Jedi: Survivor has on average a more expensive price tag than its predecessor, which likely led to lower sales at retail. On average, retail copies of Jedi: Survivor sold for approximately £10 more than those of Jedi: Fallen Order.

Since worldwide digital sales for Jedi: Survivor haven’t been revealed yet, it’s unclear how it will stack up against Fallen Order. According to GfK, 82% of boxed Jedi: Survivor sales were on PS5, while the remaining 18% were on Xbox.

Elsewhere Best Sellers of the Week dead island 2, which dropped down to number two after its second week on store shelves. Its sales were down 45% compared to its initial launch week.

Here is the full list of boxing bestsellers in the UK for the week of 23 April:

  1. Star Wars Jedi: Survivor
  2. dead island 2
  3. fifa 23
  4. mario kart 8 deluxe
  5. hogwarts legacy
  6. super mario odyssey
  7. Minecraft (Nintendo Switch)
  8. Minecraft Legends
  9. call of Duty Modern Warfare 2
  10. resident Evil 4

It’s unclear where Star Wars Jedi: Survivor will fall in terms of its sales figures, but judging by recent figures, it’s off to a strong start, at least in the UK.

The products discussed here were independently selected by our editors. GameSpot may receive a share of the revenue if you purchase anything featured on our site.

Source link