a new patch for Destiny 2 has gone live and addresses several issues that have surfaced since the introduction of the Lightfall expansion. One of the big changes in this update is an adjustment to the Guardian rank system, as Bungie has accordingly lowered the Appreciation score required to climb the ranks. patch notes,
number of praise points needed Destiny 2 was criticized by the community for being excessively high, and Bungie previously mentioned that it would be lowering the requirements for completing objectives across all Guardian ranks. Players can no longer offer praise to others after a failed mission activity, so if you’re spawning with a fireteam in Wellspring and wiping out your squad with self-inflicted rocket launcher attacks, you can’t get any Long will not be able to praise the kind.
One of the other big issues affecting Destiny 2 was an issue that caused Guardians to become invisible because they were not being rendered correctly in the game, giving some players an unexpected advantage in PvP. This bug, resulting in a This season’s Iron Banner delayedNow it’s set right in time for the return of this week’s Trials of Osiris multiplayer event.
There are also a number of changes being made here for the new strand subclass. Thread of Ascent Fragment’s internal cooldown has been increased from two seconds to four seconds and detonation from Broodweaver’s Mindspun Invocation Aspect should now have an effect on Unstoppable champions.
For weapons, Bungie has made several changes to several firearms. The Lightfall versions of the Inquisitor and Mindbender’s Ambition Shotgun had incorrect magazine perks, so these have been addressed, and Titans using the exotic Synthoseps Gauntlet will no longer suffer the same level of bonus damage when wielding Glaives.
An issue where the Radiant effect was not increasing the damage of strand weapons has also been fixed.
This update comes hot on the heels of a separate fix that recently went live, which changed other aspects of the game. Such a first correction lowers your chances of being born empty terminal overload eventand the second fix has adjusted to make the dual dungeon Farming less easy for artificial armor, As for this week’s patch notes from Bungie, you can find them all below.
Destiny 2 Hotfix 126.96.36.199
- Changed animations made in the data collection boss encounter in The Variable Exotic mission, which had the potential to cause problems with casual players.
- Increased the drop rate for Exotic Armor when playing solo in the Legend and Master Lost Sectors.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the “Vex Incursion Countermeasures” weekly reward from resetting smoothly.
- Fixed an issue where players could not progress to the Hall of Heroes intro quest after interacting with statues on their alternate characters early on.
- Any player who encounters this issue can now progress normally.
- Made an adjustment to how the Return to Orbit option is triggered after completing a specific Battleground.
- The previous implementation mistakenly skipped the end of mission cinematics when returning to orbit from the appreciation screen.
Gameplay and Investment
- Fixed an issue where some artifact mods were not properly purchasing anti-barrier abilities.
- Hunter: Fixed an issue where equipping Gyrfalcon’s Houbark Exotic Chest Armor did not allow volatile rounds to block Void weapons from anti-barrier abilities.
- armor scavenger mod: Fixed an issue with the Solar Scavenger mod on the player’s chest armor inadvertently boosting Jotun ammo, especially in PvP.
- Keep. Toaster. Below
- Fixed an issue where the Winterbite Exotic Glaive was doing more damage to the target.
- titans: The bonus to Glaive melee damage inflicted by Exotic Synthose Gauntlets has been reduced against both Brawlers and enemy Guardians.
- Fixed an issue where the Lightfall versions of The Inquisitor and Mindbender’s Ambition Shotgun had incorrect magazine perks.
- Fixed an issue where Grand Overture’s blinding effect applied to other sources of splash damage.
- Edge: Increased the internal cooldown of Ascent Fragment threads from two seconds to four seconds.
- Edge: Fixed an issue where after dealing with a Tangle thrown by a player, Berserker’s Into the Fray Aspect would fail to activate on further Tangle explosions.
- Edge: Fixed an issue where the Suspended Blast from Broodweaver’s Mindspun Invocation aspect was not properly stunning Invincible Champions.
- solar: Fixed an issue where the Radiant effect was not increasing the damage of strand weapons.
- Edge: Fixed an issue where the Thread of Generation Fragment would stop working after Silkstrike Super deactivation when equipped with Shackle or Threadling Grenade.
power and progress
- guard rank: To more closely match the goals of the Guardian ranks, we have reduced the Commendation Score required to complete objectives across all Guardian ranks.
- guard rank: Rank-8 objectives require Tier-3 difficulty or higher.
- Fixed an issue where only tier-4 or higher was applied for rank progression.
- testimonials: Players can no longer give praise to others after a failed mission activity.
- Fixed an issue where Guardians and their weapons were not rendering properly, effectively making them appear as “invisible” in-game.
- Twitch Gift subbounty rewards now appear correctly in Cryptarche.
The products discussed here were independently selected by our editors. GameSpot may receive a share of the revenue if you purchase anything featured on our site.